My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 5 seconds. If not, visit
http://jacquelinewhitmore.com
and update your bookmarks.

Thursday, November 29, 2007

Etiquette Expert Heads to Germany for the Holidays

Next week, I will embark on a much-needed vacation to visit my sister, Nancy, who is living in Germany and is training for the 2008 Summer Olympics. She is being trained by the highly-acclaimed equestrian, Hubertus Schmidt. Nancy competes in the beautiful sport of dressage. To learn more about her training regime, visit her blog at http://equisentialinc.blogspot.com.

Before I go, I am doing some research about German customs -- one of them being the art of tipping. I came across an interesting website that might be worth checking out:
http://www.airlinecreditcards.com/travelhacker/the-world-travelers-guide-to-tipping-50-tipping-customs-for-25-vacations/.

For anyone traveling internationally, I recommend Culture Grams, www.culturegrams.com. These concise, reliable and up-to-date reports contain important information on more than 200 countries. I purchased the World Edition to keep in my library. Each report includes the country's history, customs, and lifestyles of the locals. I am also reading Roger Axtell's new book, Essential Dos and Taboos: The Complete Guide to International Business and Leisure Travel, (Wiley, Sept. 2007).

The climate in Germany should be very frigid compared to the hot, humid weather we are having in Florida. So, I am dusting off my winter coat, gloves, and hat as I look forward to enjoying my German holiday!

No comments: